- Olympic Selections and Canadian Championships
- Fall World Cup Team Trials
- Canada Cup
- Open Masters Championships
- Canadian Junior Championships
- Canadian Age Class Championships
About the Canada Cup
The Canada Cup is a series of single distance competitions for senior and junior A, B, C2 athletes that are held across Canada. The Canada Cup competitions are selection events and ranking points are granted to the top 32 skaters in each distance. The women’s distances are 500 metres, 1,000 metres, 1,500 metres and 3,000 metres and 5,000 metres and the men’s distances are 500 metres, 1,000 metres, 1,500 metres, 3,000 metres (junior) and 5,000 metres and 10,000 metres. Time standards are required to gain entry into the Canada Cup events.
2012-13 Canada Cups
Nov. 30-Dec. 2: Canada Cup #1, Quebec City
Jan. 3-6: Canada Cup #2, Calgary
Feb. 1-3: Canada Cup #3, Quebec City
March 8-12: Canada Cup #4, Calgary
* For announcements, entry forms and lists and results, click here.
* The information and technical package for this competition is contained in the most recent High Performance Bulletin which can be found here.
The Canadian ranking system for 2012-13 will include a series of competitions subject to regulations that are published by the HPC-LT.
Basic Competition Rules
The Canadian ranking system provides multiple opportunities to obtain points in each individual distance, from both international and national competitions. Following is an indication of the maximum number of races that will be used to calculate the final 2012-13 Canadian rankings. If skaters have raced more than the number of races indicated, only the highest ranking point performances will be used.
- 500 m - women and men - best eight races used for ranking
- 1000 m - women and men - best seven races used for ranking
- 1500 m - women and men - best four races used for ranking
- 3000 m - women - best four races used for ranking
- 5000 m - men - best four races used for ranking
- 5000 m - women - best three races used for ranking (no bonus)
- 10000 m - men - best three races used for ranking (no bonus)
Canadian Ranking Series Competitions 2012-13
- Canada Cup #1
- Canadian Single Distances Championships, Canada Cup #2
- Canada Cup #3
- North American Championships
- Canada Cup #4
Canadian Ranking Points System
Points will be awarded as per the 2012-12 scoring tables for international and national competitions. Skaters competing in any of the Canadian ranking competitions will have their points readjusted after the season by eliminating the skater who finished in the top 16 at the 2012 World Single Distances Championships. These skaters will be ranked at the top for that distance.
Ties will be broken from the results of the Canadian Single Distances Championships (if skaters competed in the event).
Canada Cups #1 and #3 (each race is treated separately for the purposes of earning Canadian ranking points)
Canada Cup #4 (final): Bonus points are awarded as per the Canada Cup points chart below to all distances except for the women’s 5,000 metres and men’s 10,000 metres.