Officials Certification Program
The officials certification program consists of five levels for referees and starters, three levels for competitor steward, meet coordinators, timers, finish line judges, announcers, recorders, and all other officials.
Each level has specific technical, practical and performance requirements.
- The technical requirements include attendance at a clinic of the appropriate level (please refer to specific certification requirements).
- The practical requirements include officiating at the appropriate number of non-sanctioned and sanctioned competitions (please refer to specific certification requirements) as either an assistant or chief official.
- The performance requirements include a satisfactory evaluation from the chief official or senior branch official, a documented recommendation from the Branch and a review and approval from the branch and/or SSC ODC.
Responsibilities for certification are as follows:
a) Certification at Levels 1 and 2 is the responsibility of the branch. Certification should follow the OCP requirements.
b) Certification at Levels 3B (SSC sanctioned meets) and 3A (National Age Class Championships/ Junior Trials) is the responsibility of SSC.
c) Certification at Level ISU International (International Competitions, including ISU sanctioned Can-Am competitions, Senior Trials) and Level ISU (World Cups, world championships and Olympic Games) is the responsibility of both the SSC and the ISU.
To view Specific Certification requirements (PDF document):
- Referees and starters (Levels 1, 2, 3B, 3A, ISU International and ISU)
- Competitors stewards (Levels ISU International and ISU)
- Meet coordinators (Levels 1, 2, 3)
- Recorders, timers, finish line judges, announcers, and all other officials (Levels 1, 2 and 3)